Quotes

Writing is not like dancing or modeling; it’s not something where – if you missed it by age 19 – you’re finished. It’s never too late. Your writing will only get better as you get older and wiser - Elizabeth Gilbert

If you write something beautiful and important, and the right person somehow discovers it, they will clear room for you on the bookshelves of the world – at any age. At least try - Elizabeth Gilbert

I never promised the universe that I would write brilliantly; I only promised the universe that I would write. So I put my head down and sweated through it, as per my vows - Elizabeth Gilbert

I believe that – if you are serious about a life of writing, or indeed about any creative form of expression – that you should take on this work like a holy calling - Elizabeth Gilbert

The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes - Andre Gide

I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind - Patrick Dennis

It is for this, partly, that I write. How can I know what I think unless I see what I write? - Erica Jong

When I say "work" I only mean writing. everything else is just odd jobs - Margaret Laurence

Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted - Jules Renard

When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature - Ernest Hemingway

If writing is honest it cannot be separated from the man who wrote it - Tennessee Williams

I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn - Anne Frank

Anybody can write three-volume novel. it merely requires a complete ignorance of both life and literature - Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 2, 2011

New World (Prolog)

Saat itu,
Aku hanyalah seorang gadis kecil biasa
Sehelai gaun putih kecil menyelimuti tubuhku
Dengan segenggam mawar merah di tanganku

Saat itu,
Aku berada di sebuah ladang bunga yang sangat indah
Dimana hanya aku yang mengetahui keberadaannya
Dimana hanya aku yang bisa menikmati keindahannya

Saat itu,
Adalah saat yang sangat damai
Kepolosanku membuatku terus kembali ke ladang itu
Tanpa tahu kalau ladang yang indah penuh bunga-bunga itu menyembunyikan sesuatu
Sesuatu yang semakin lama semakin membuatku sadar
Kalau semua itu hanyalah ilusi

Ketika aku menyadarinya,
Bunga-bunga itu berubah menjadi tangan-tangan yang berlumuran darah
Melumuri gaun putihku yang tidak bernoda
Mawar yang kugenggam telah menjadi pisau yang siap menusukku
Tanah yang kupijak bergetar seolah ingin menelanku

Kepolosan telah berubah menjadi hawa nafsu
Ketulusan telah berubah menjadi kelicikan
Kejujuran telah berubah menjadi dusta
Dengan kemunafikan sebagai bumbunya

Aku berusaha bertahan
Berusaha untuk tetap berdiri walaupun diriku sudah ternoda
Berusaha untuk tetap tegar walaupun diriku sudah tersakiti
Berusaha untuk tetap lembut walaupun pisau ini sudah siap mengayun

Dan disaat yang sama
Ketika aku sudah berlumuran darah dan dosa
Beberapa tangan pucat menepuk pundakku dan wajah mereka tersenyum padaku
Dan berkata
Kalau aku tidak sendirian...

No comments:

Post a Comment