Quotes

Writing is not like dancing or modeling; it’s not something where – if you missed it by age 19 – you’re finished. It’s never too late. Your writing will only get better as you get older and wiser - Elizabeth Gilbert

If you write something beautiful and important, and the right person somehow discovers it, they will clear room for you on the bookshelves of the world – at any age. At least try - Elizabeth Gilbert

I never promised the universe that I would write brilliantly; I only promised the universe that I would write. So I put my head down and sweated through it, as per my vows - Elizabeth Gilbert

I believe that – if you are serious about a life of writing, or indeed about any creative form of expression – that you should take on this work like a holy calling - Elizabeth Gilbert

The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes - Andre Gide

I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind - Patrick Dennis

It is for this, partly, that I write. How can I know what I think unless I see what I write? - Erica Jong

When I say "work" I only mean writing. everything else is just odd jobs - Margaret Laurence

Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted - Jules Renard

When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature - Ernest Hemingway

If writing is honest it cannot be separated from the man who wrote it - Tennessee Williams

I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn - Anne Frank

Anybody can write three-volume novel. it merely requires a complete ignorance of both life and literature - Oscar Wilde

Friday, December 2, 2011

Novels

tadi siang pergi ke book fair di Istora Senayan. dan begitu sampe sana... saya langsung kalap. duit abis cuma buat borong novel-novel ini:


dan temen-temenku gak ada yang ngerti. hahahahaha. well, buku-buku yang kubeli mencerminkan duniaku. selain dari buku My Stupid Boss 4, 4 buku lainnya itu genrenya death, gore, sama vampire. ceritanya bagus dan gak pasaran pula. 

terus pacar komentar, "kamu psycho banget sih..."

if I were psycho, I'd be out there doing it, making my own psycho story in real life instead of trapped in my parallel universe, reading and writing it. 

lagipula, semua itu gak selalu berarti psycho. genre-genre ini ngajarin aku pelajaran hidup. contohnya, di balik kesempurnaan pasti ada kerapuhan. 

it just take some darkness and fierce beauty to see the awesomeness in it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment