Quotes

Writing is not like dancing or modeling; it’s not something where – if you missed it by age 19 – you’re finished. It’s never too late. Your writing will only get better as you get older and wiser - Elizabeth Gilbert

If you write something beautiful and important, and the right person somehow discovers it, they will clear room for you on the bookshelves of the world – at any age. At least try - Elizabeth Gilbert

I never promised the universe that I would write brilliantly; I only promised the universe that I would write. So I put my head down and sweated through it, as per my vows - Elizabeth Gilbert

I believe that – if you are serious about a life of writing, or indeed about any creative form of expression – that you should take on this work like a holy calling - Elizabeth Gilbert

The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes - Andre Gide

I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind - Patrick Dennis

It is for this, partly, that I write. How can I know what I think unless I see what I write? - Erica Jong

When I say "work" I only mean writing. everything else is just odd jobs - Margaret Laurence

Writing is a way of talking without being interrupted - Jules Renard

When writing a novel a writer should create living people; people not characters. A character is a caricature - Ernest Hemingway

If writing is honest it cannot be separated from the man who wrote it - Tennessee Williams

I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn - Anne Frank

Anybody can write three-volume novel. it merely requires a complete ignorance of both life and literature - Oscar Wilde

Sunday, December 11, 2011

You

in real life, maybe you're just like others. hiding your real face behind that make up, simply a singer wearing those heavy clothes

but in my alternate universe, you're really more than that

No comments:

Post a Comment